It’s 2016 and I’m ready to grow, learn, and achieve more. In light of this new year, I want to address some of the things I hope to carry out over the next 366 (it’s a leap year!) days.
- Stop comparing yourself to everyone else. You are your own person and it’s hard to focus on yourself if you’re constantly trying to compete with others.
- Don’t turn your entire life into a competition. Don’t let jealousy keep you from supporting your friends, family, and peers because in the end, you could learn a thing or two from them.
- Being single is great! In 2015, too often you found yourself being afraid of living alone for the rest of your life, but don’t stress about it because there is no rush. You’re still young and now should be a time to focus more on school and yourself.
- Love yourself. Stop telling yourself that you need to look a certain way in order to be happy. There shouldn’t be an end goal when it comes to your appearance because nobody is ever going to be perfect, and that’s ok.
- Take better care of your body. It’s a great thing that you stopped drinking pop in 2015, but that shouldn’t stop there. Decrease your intake of processed and fast foods. Also, take more vitamins and drink more water.
- Look up more. I know that you and your phone are best friends, but don’t let that keep you from seeing and experiencing the world with your own eyes.
- Read more books. Maybe spend a little less time watching all the tv shows you watch, and instead, pick up a book and READ.
- Help more around the kitchen. Even though you absolutely suck at cooking and baking, practice and learn more so that you can survive on your own without food being given to you.
- Be more socially aware. Learn more about other cultures, and issues going on not only in the US but other countries as well.
- Stop being so judgmental. Just like you, nobody is perfect and it’s not cool to make fun of other peoples’ appearance. Appreciate the fact that everyone is different.
- Spread more positivity. It’s easy to let in negative thoughts and allow negative actions, so don’t let it!
- Have more self confidence. This is a goal you have every year, but this year, stand up straighter, walk with your head up higher, and don’t devalue yourself.
Day 1 of 366 starts NOW!!